Main menu

Pages

How to look pretty and feel prettier in 5 easy steps

 

Whether you have a date this evening, your graduation is coming, or you just want some improvement, I'm here to give you some simple, actionable tips on how to look pretty.


But before we dive deep, let's start with the first pretty relative looking stay.  And we are all beautiful despite our inner monologue, our pride that day, or the way others perceive us.


Learning to look pretty isn't about coveting what you don't have (which changes quite often) or accepting the ideal of social beauty.  But instead, it's about embracing your unique style, interests and beauty and learning how to present your best self.


How to look pretty and feel prettier in 5 easy steps

We all want to be “that girl” on social media…  She wakes up early every morning, goes on a two-mile hike, has perfect skin, is heavy, and seems to radiate beauty from every pore.  Her life is aesthetic and it is easy to chalk on her beauty.  But in reality her life is made together.  She takes care of herself, cherishes herself, and has ups and downs in her prettiness.


So, this post is a combination of quick tips to boost your self-confidence, as well as ways to improve your lifestyle so you can feel better about yourself.

 Feeling pretty is more than just a pretty face.


Lifestyle Assessment


These may seem like abstract tips to get started, but it will greatly affect how you think and how you live your lifestyle.  So this is an important thing to focus on.

 If you don't get enough sleep, party a lot, or if your diet consists of junk food every day, you won't feel well.  And you will be visually represented in all neglected areas of the body.


So, whether you want to look pretty because you have a big event, or just want a lifestyle change in general, the first step is to balance your life.


Aim for 8 hours of sleep a day, create a routine for yourself, and embrace exercise (which can be as simple as taking a walk a few times a week).


Find your personal style


Finding a style can be difficult.  We fall into the trap of seeing style icons or influencers and trying to reproduce our own outfits.  While it is helpful to see style inspiration when you first discover your personal style, it is also important to know how to take that inspiration and make it uniquely yours.


If you need help finding your style, here's a free quiz and guide on how to hone your personal style.


Pretty is an ambiguous term.  What we aim for is the best version of ourselves, and your style has a huge impact on how people classify, interpret, and judge you.


It takes less than 7 seconds for people to judge you, and in that time we want to make the best impression.  I believe it feels pretty good and in turn looking pretty good is an internal process, but getting external reinforcement is a great way to boost our confidence.


When you dress and feel good, you present yourself with confidence and self-assurance.  This will make you feel pretty at times.


And more importantly, when you discover your personal style you feel pretty good about who you are as well as what you're wearing.  Because your clothes are an extension of your individuality and originality.


skin care


As someone who used to suffer from comedonal acne, and have a terrible skin care routine, I can tell you the second best thing I've done is to develop a skin care routine (the first one was my style). are doing


I had to put on makeup because my skin texture was bad and uneven, and I got ugly pimples around my chin.


However, after about 3 months of my nightly skincare routine and generally without makeup my skin is getting better than ever after letting my skin breathe a bit.


I like to be able to go out with my friends without makeup and not cross my mind when I leave the house.


Having glowing skin is also a trait we see as attractive.  So if you are looking to impress your date or something extra pretty, invest in your skin care.


This is not an overnight process, but it will pay off exponentially.  And to be honest, my nightly routine only takes about 10 minutes.


dressing for the body


Understanding your body shape and your proportions will give you so much confidence and you will feel prettier because you are enhancing what you have.


I don't know about you, but during my teen years, I certainly tried to be who I wasn't.  I dyed blonde in my hair, I have colored contacts, I wear a push-up bra, and countless other tweaks make me feel pretty.  But it backfired because I was actually fighting all my ingenuity.  There's nothing wrong with doing any other thing, but you have to appreciate why you're doing them...  If it's to enhance great, if it's to become someone else, it's not so great.


The same goes for when you dress for your body shape.  If you are not sure how to figure out your body shape, I have a tutorial here.


Dressing in an outfit that doesn't fit your body shape is a sure-fire way to fail with a new outfit or trend.  You can't pull the same clothes from a height of 6 feet, it works the same for an hourglass figure and a pear shape, on a body sized 5 tiers 6 (trust me, people are my body stats!).


Now, I think a person can wear any trend or style, the better you know your body shape and the more you can adjust your shape to highlight your best assets.


RELATED:How to Dress for Your Body Shape (The Basics).


hydration


This one is tough for me to write out, but it's really true.  Your skin looks much better, and your body runs much more efficiently when you are not dehydrated.


As someone who never used to drink water and still struggles to do it every day, I don't want to be a factor in this pretty appearance.  But it is.


In fact, being severely dehydrated can cause wrinkles! So if you want to look pretty and boost your look, grab that big reusable water bottle and throw in a lemon and drink.


Comments